The recovery of one-on-one disciple making
- Change your focus (reverse the inversion)
- Change your calendar
- Change your content
Making disciples who make disciples (the new buzzphrase)
- Disciple making must be relational
- Disciple making must be intentional
- Disciple making must be reproducible
The legend of Jon Burton (relational).
- Look to the young people (Cru, Billy Graham, Navigators, etc)
- Dave and Rick Brittian
- Test firing it myself.
The rise of Tim Ebert (intentional).
Follow up … most people don’t get the foundational follow up they needed and deserved when they crossed the line of faith.
We focus on the internals before focusing on the externals. While we don’t ignore the externals, we know that real change from the getting a man to look to God who changes the man from the inside.
The topics we use are these:
- Finding confidence in your relationship with God.
- Experiencing the love and forgiveness of God.
- Being filled with the Holy Spirit of God.
- Walking with God.
The reach of Chris Navarro (reproducible).
- Discipling the homeless and down and out of Las Cruces, New Mexico.