“The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, And he who is wise wins souls.”
Prov 11:30 NASB
The greatest message ever
- 95% of Christians never share the gospel.
1. Not praying missionally
2. Not equipped intentionally
3. Not sharing courageously
Most Christians want to share their faith in Jesus.
“He who wins souls is wise.”
“Follow Me and I will make you fishers of men.”
“Go … make disciples ….”
How do we start to share?
1. Start praying missionally
2. Get equipped intentionally
3. Start sharing courageously
“Sharing the gospel is more about CONVERSATION than it is PRESENTATION.
Pastor Dennis Nunn
Remember this also:
“If you don’t LEARN a presentation, you probably WON’T HAVE the conversation.”
Dr. Roy Fish
It does come down to this:
“Just walk across the room.”
Pastor Bill Hybels
Which is it?
Relationship vs. confrontation
- If you died tonight, why would God let you into heaven?
- In your personal opinion, what do you think it takes for a person to go to heaven?
- Have you received jesus christ as your savior and Lord?
- How do you think someone becomes a Christian?
- Have you made the wonderful discovery of knowing Jesus christ as your savior and lord or are you still working on it?
- On a scale of 1-10, 1 being “not at all” and 10 being “definitely,” where would you rank your desire to know God?
When sharing the gospel you must have thought through the questions you would ask to reach the soul.
Some people will open the doors themselves.
Mark 10:17, John 3:2, John 4:9, Acts 2:37
Questions Jesus Asked
“What are you looking for?”
Are you a teacher of Israel and don’t know these things?”
John 3:30“Do you believe in the Son of man?”
Jesus used a VARIETY approaches when personally evangelizing people.
Q – do you know
Q – do you understand
what he did for you
and what it takes to
1 Cor 15:3-4
Q – do you want
to know him?
The Hardest Part
- A prayer doesn’t save you.
- A prayer can be the stack of rocks.• Look a person in the eye and ask them if they are willing to cross the line of faith.
- Look a person in the eye and ask them if they repent of sin and believe the gospel.
- Then lead them in a prayer of commitment.